- ‘Spain in Sicily’, one of the themes of Dolce & Gabbana’s 2015 summer eyewear collection, takes its inspiration from the Spanish presence in Sicily by celebrating one of its many emblems: the peineta comb which holds the mantilla veil in place.
- The sunglasses are presented in a special precious box with personalized case, coated with a decorated fabric with red carnations on black and white polka dots that evoke the atmospheres of Spain
- This elaborate, inlaid comb which secures the quintessential veil worn by flamenco dancers (as well as by Spanish women during ceremonies and religious celebrations) is the source of inspiration for this eyewear collection.
- This model features a broad and rounded vertical form. Its intricate and sophisticated openwork on the temples is reminiscent of the flamenco combs, and its tall frame evokes a sense of femininity.
- The most iconic model, DG4256, which has taken its turn down the catwalk, is a limited edition and sold only through select vendors.
Ample shaped sunglasses, with a broad front acetate section characterized by a workmanship inspired by the typical tortoiseshell Spanish hair accessories combs. Available in classic colors include black, dark Havana and blonde Havana with gradient lenses matched with the frame shades. The sunglasses are presented in a special precious box with personalized case, coated with a decorated fabric with red carnations on black and white polka dots that evoke the atmospheres of Spain.